Tuesday, July 03, 2007

So is this what skiving feels like?


It hasn't quite sunk in with me yet that I am now self-employed, mainly because I have no real business plan or goals. Must work on those! But for the moment it just feels like I'm on holiday. Yesterday I did make some more jewellery, using a stack of beads that arrived in the post, and today I renewed my car tax, but that's about it so far. It's a good thing that I have some savings to see me through the summer, because I'd be on the breadline in about a week if I had to fund myself this way.

The jewellery is loads of fun, though. It's amazing how excited I got when I found some amazonite beads which I'd forgotten I ordered. I had never seen amazonite before, and it turns out to be a lovely milky green colour which I think would look great with black and silver. I only got a sample size bag of those particular beads this time around, but I was still able to make a (what I think is) very pretty bracelet with them. (The darker green is a semi-precious stone called green aventurine, and the purple is amethyst).

It turns out that stacks of different beads in little plastic bags make me slobber with delight. I could play with this kind of stuff all day. I am so lucky that right now I have the chance to do that!

No comments: