Friday, August 10, 2007

Three rooms painted!

Phew! We have now finished painting the living room, kitchen, and bathroom (thankfully it was only ceilings and trims in the last two), and it feels great.

The living room still looks a bit unfinished, because we can't hang the curtains until the gloss paint on the window frames is fully dry, and the mirror has to be re-hung over the fireplace, but otherwise it's grand. And I was able to get the furniture put back in time for us to eat our lunch on the new table and chairs!

I'm also very pleased to have somewhere to put my fancy lamp, which has been languishing under the dining table for months. Hurrah!

We're off to have a celebratory dinner tonight after all our hard work of the last two days. I know there's still a lot of work to do to the house, but at least we have started now, and that feels pretty good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading this blog Jenny. I feel like I am right there with you! The place is really shaping up. What's up with getting a new table and chairs? Do you have to sell the place furnished?
Love,
Debby

Jenny said...

The new table and chairs are purely for me, so that I can enjoy sitting outside in the sunshine, eating my breakfast or whatever. Previously I was just sitting on the back step, but that wasn't quite as comfortable. I don't know how much use we'll get out of them if the weather turns bad again, but they can come with us when we move anyway.