Monday, August 13, 2007

And still the rain

When I woke up this morning it was beautiful - blue skies and sunshine. I did a quick load of washing, hung it out on the line to dry (which I expected to take no more than an hour), made myself some toast and coffee, and sat outside with my sunglasses on, eating my breakfast and reading a magazine.

After breakfast I had a lot to do, so I cleared up after myself quite quickly and took in my magazine and the cushion. Lucky that I did, because no more than five minutes later I looked outside to find this:
Yes folks, you've got it in one. More rain. Sigh.

Oh well, at least the clothes were still wet! It would have been really annoying if they had actually dried out and then got soaked again.

In other news, I got a reply back from NZIS about my name change. It's no trouble at all; all I have to do is send my marriage certificate along with the new passport. Thinking about it, I'd probably be wise to leave the new passport until after our European trip just in case I lose it and have to buy another one, but then if I do that I won't get any stamps in the new one for border crossings. Technically we aren't supposed to get stamps going across the border in EU countries, but if asked nicely the person at the desk will usually give us one anyway. I would like to have a few European stamps in the passport that I'll be using for the next ten years. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: