Friday, November 23, 2007

Only a week to go.

Only one more week left in Belfast! I am feeling very mixed emotions at the moment. Of course I am excited to be visiting Japan and then starting a whole new life in a different country. But it is really hard saying goodbye to people, but it's not just the people, and at least there's a chance they'll come out to visit us. But every time I'm in a place that I enjoy, like a restaurant, I think, "This is probably the last time I'll ever be in here". And I'm really sad about leaving my little house in Sydenham. I have been so happy here for the last six years, and I get quite tearful to think that I'll never be back in it again after next Friday. I fell in love with this house when I saw it on the internet, before I even visited it in person, and as soon as I stepped through the door I knew that it was the house for me. It has been my cosy little home for so long, and I'm really going to miss it.

Of course it is very stressful at the moment trying to get all our things ready for packing, and there is still quite a bit to do there, so that isn't helping me feel any cheerier either. It's all the annoying stuff like clearing out the storage area under the stairs, and sorting out what is to be left in the house after Pickford's have been and gone on Tuesday, that has to be tackled still. I'm not even sure how to approach that, because we don't have a single empty room or area where we can put things aside, but it'll have to be done somehow.

I guess this post is mostly about the downside to exciting life changes. Sadness, stress, and deadlines. So, you see, it's not all good!

No comments: