Monday, November 12, 2007

One down, one million to go

I can tick one thing off my to-do list now, anyway. Chris is buying my car! The arrangement suits us both very well, and I'm relieved to have a buyer for it. Since we'll probably have to pay a mortgage for the next few months even though we're not living here any more, I'm glad to have a little bit of money coming in to cover the first few payments at least.

I've got lots to do tomorrow morning when people open up their offices again. My project plan is back in action, with task lists and percentages complete and everything! This move is so huge that I can't cope with anything if I think of it all at once, so I'm hoping that individual tasks will get me moving.

Oh, and I'm learning Japanese now as well. I know we'll only be on Tokyo for three nights, but I want to be able to say things like Please and Thank You at least, even if I just get laughed at or ignored. So far I can just ask if somebody speaks English, tell them I understand Japanese a little but not very well (huge exaggeration), and ask the way to Shinjuku station. Of course I won't have a clue what they say in return, but at least I can ask the question!

No comments: