Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Meat Feast

Last night I went out for dinner with a couple of friends. We went to the Point, which is a wine bar/restaurant not too far from here. Since I'm not likely to eat in the Point again because we're moving so soon, I decided to push the boat out and have myself a meat feast with a difference. Here's what I had:

Safari Game Brochettes
Individual Ostrich, Zebra & Wildebeest skewers served with sumo chips and Piri Piri dip. Recommended medium rare.

It was So Very Very Good. Wow. I have never eaten zebra before, but I'll happily eat it again! The whole thing was just delicious.

I have to confess, though, that I am very curious about where this zebra came from. They're not indigenous to Northern Ireland, and I'm not aware of any zebra farms in this country - or wildebeest farms, come to that. Where does the Point source its safari game? Should I care?

Hmmm. I think not. The meal was delicious and the company was great and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Up with this kind of thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The food was indeed fab - I'm so glad I went for the lamb, good chocice Cathy - Jenny yours did look very adventurous. I don't think it really had sunk in at that stage that you are leaving. I think it's because you had been discussing it for so long. How time flies....