Friday, November 30, 2007

Bleak House

My little house is now just a shell. It hardly feels like home any more, with nearly all the contents removed. We're giving away a few last things today and then dumping whatever's left (like the old mattress we're currently sleeping on). I am so sad to think that tonight is the last time I'm going to sleep here in the first and only house I've ever owned. Hopefully whoever ends up living here next will love it as much as I did...

As you can tell, I am still feeling very emotional, and have spent most of today on the verge of tears - and it's only 11.30am still, so there will be a lot more of that to come! It is so hard saying goodbye to everybody, and although it's lovely to have such great friends and family and we do enjoy all the lunches and dinners and coffees with them, it is painful when the end of the event comes round and we won't see each other again for a long time. I seem to be fine until that last hug or wave from the doorway, and then I go into floods. Oh well, at least they know I care!

Off to the post office now to post off the teapot that my mum requested, and then into town to meet friends for lunch. I may update again later with more tales of emigration-related happenings.

No comments: