Monday, September 24, 2007

Wigs and Wine party

On Friday we threw a Wigs and Wine party, and I would like to say that this theme was the Best Fun Ever. It all started out quite sedately - I was wearing my most realistic wig while greeting guests, and a few people thought I wasn't playing fair because they assumed I'd just got a haircut! People started drifting in from about seven, and there were still arrivals after midnight, so we had maybe twenty people in total in our tiny house. Only a couple of people brought wigs with them, but one of those was a scarily realistic mullet which got a lot of use through the evening, and of course I have a whole lot myself so there were more than enough to play with.

It was very amusing how a new head of hair can totally transform a person, but also how a person can transform a wig. Not only did I barely recognise some of my closest friends when they had a new 'do, but Liz even managed to make the "bleached blonde hooker" wig look quite attractive. Nobody else came close to doing that!

The boys certainly enjoyed camping it up for the occasion, some of them more than others. It was all really good fun, and with the addition of some crisps, pizza, sausage rolls, and a cheese board, the whole thing felt like a proper party. I would definitely recommend Wigs and Wine as a party theme, and this may not be the last time we throw such an event.

It should, however, be the last party we throw in Inglewood Court. After a quick trip to a cheap carpet shop on Thursday, we put in our order, and there will be new carpets and vinyl going down throughout the house on Saturday. We're nearly there now!

1 comment:

Skry said...

Yeah that night was ace! If that is the last party this house is going to have under our ownership then it was definitely the way to go.