Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Jenny as a blonde


Well this is a new look! Not sure it's a good look, but it's certainly a new one :) I can't see me leaving the house wearing this unless I'm going to a costume party, but it's good to have options...

The wig itself is surprisingly well made considering how little I paid for it (£3.99 plus postage). It has quite a realistic looking scalp, it's adjustable inside (not that I need that, since my massive bonce just about fits inside), and the "hair" itself feels nice. I'd happily buy the same style in a less bottle-blonde colour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On second look, this might not be too bad. Try pulling the wig a bit forward on your forehead. I like the length and curl. Can't believe the prices you got for the wigs. I paid over $350 US for my wig and then I gave it to the girl across the street to use when she had chemo and she never gave it back!

Jenny said...

That was a bit cheeky of her!

I think the blonde one is a no-go for me purely due to the colour, never mind the style. It's just too cheap-looking. I had my husband call me a hooker and a friend tell me I looked like someone from Neighbours [Australian soap opera] in the 80s, so I'm guessing it's not my best look :)

Mine are so cheap because they're totally synthetic and designed as costume wigs rather than serious hair replacements. Somebody with a sensitive scalp would find lots of bits rubbing inside, I'm sure, and they'll probably start falling apart after a few washes. Yours was probably much better quality.