Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tokyo, Day 3

No photos today as my camera is packed away, but it was wet and grey most of the day so I don't have many photos anyway. After another Starbucks breakfast, we headed to Ginza to see the fancy shops (all sorts of designer labels are represented here, and there was a pretty cool Sony tower with demonstrations of all Sony's fanciest new technology), then to Shinjuku to go up to the 45th floor of the government tower, to enjoy the view. Unfortunately the view was mostly grey skies and drizzle, but it got us out of the rain anyway.

This evening I was meant to be meeting Erica again, but a hiccup with the subway map meant we got on the wrong train and were half an hour late meeting her. She did wait, but apparently we missed each other by about a minute. It was really frustrating, but we found a lovely little Italian restaurant for dinner - fresh bread still hot out of the oven, mmm! - and had a few drinks and watched a DVD at the hostel, so it wasn't a totally wasted evening.

Tomorrow we're off to New Zealand, and I don't know when I'll be online next. I'll blog as and when I can. Keep checking back, and thank you for reading!

No comments: