Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas Eve Swim

Today we went to the beach, a nearby one called Taylor's Mistake (I have no idea why). It was quite small and sheltered, but the waves were fairly large and there were lots of people out surfing and body boarding. Phil and Lou both have body boards, so the three of us donned our swimsuits and took to the water. I had a few goes on Lou's board and ended up underwater more often than not, but it was surprisingly good fun and I will look out for one of my own next time we're out shopping.

The sun was very strong even at nearly 5pm, and I already got a bit burnt yesterday, so it wasn't long before I had to take refuge in the shade. It was a lovely warm evening still, so a few card games and DS games were played out in the back yard. The evening ended with two of the 10 DVDs that we rented out to watch over the next few days. New Zealand television really isn't up to much, and we don't have Sky, so DVDs are clearly the way to go as far as televisual entertainment is concerned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That beach looks lovely......wouldn't mind tryin to surf there!

Anonymous said...

sue