Friday, October 10, 2008

A night out

Our friends Mark and Gillian stayed with us for a few days this week, at the end of their holiday around New Zealand. They've been travelling around in a camper van for the last few weeks. Last night was their last night here before flying to Oz, so we took them out on the town.

Our first stop was Yellow Cross. This is a really nice bar with lots of outdoor seating, a stone's throw away from my and Skry's office. I don't drink beer, but apparently they sell some nice ones, and it's always a popular venue. Although it's not necessarily popular with everybody - our barmaid informed us that she was only working there for one more week, and after she left she was going to burn the place down. Hmmm, some workplace issues there I think.



After a couple of drinks, we went to Two Fat Indians for food. I took Skry by surprise when I ordered a vegetarian starter and a vegetarian main course! It's something I might do more often, though, because Indian restaurants here tend to use a lot of brown chicken meat and I really don't like the way it tastes. And lamb tends to be very fatty. I'd rather eat lentils and chick peas than chew on another lump of gristle!


By the time we finished our large portions of food, everybody was feeling a bit full and sleepy (well, everyone apart from Skry, who has more energy than the rest of us put together). We went to the Twisted Hop for one more drink and then headed home. It was a really enjoyable night and the chat never stopped until bedtime. I would like more of this kind of thing!


No comments: