Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A quick update on bento lunches

In an unprecedented move, I have managed to make my lunch in advance three days in a row this week. That has never happened, unless I'm eating leftovers of the same thing for several days.

My Hello Kitty bento box is actually way too big if I stuff it with heavy, filling food. The only way I won't end up the size of a house is if I continue to fill it with fruit and salad. I can't believe that a few days ago I was fretting that I would still be hungry after my lunch. No chance! In fact, I have now purchased another, smaller lunchbox, for those days when I just don't have something like lettuce and tomato to hand, and have to go with something more compact but filling.

Tomorrow's office lunch, which I already have sitting in the fridge, is:
- large portion of couscous with red onion, cucumber, red pepper, and a splash of sesame oil
- cooked chicken pieces and a tiny plastic fish full of soy sauce
- cherry tomatoes
- peanuts
- grapes
- barbecue flavour rice crackers
- triangle of soft cheese

I guarantee I won't be hungry after eating that lot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!

You're turning into a veggie loving rabbit.

Am arriving in Wellington on 18th Oct...

Stephen.

Jenny said...

Ha. No chance. You will observe the presence of chicken pieces in that little tub!

I don't mind salad, but I draw the line at actual vegetables, unless they are in the form of potato.

Great that you have a date to arrive, and very exciting for you! Plus you will get to wish me a happy birthday in local time :)

Skry said...

Told ya you wouldn't be hungry! And please don't grow to the size of a house - we'd just have to move again and I couldn't hack having to restart the decor from scratch :P

Cool to hear you'll be here soon Stephen. Looking forward to seeing you again :D

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's not Quorn chicken?

Yes, am looking forward to seeing you both! Won't be long now.