Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A formal affair.

On Saturday night we went to a formal in the Culloden Hotel, courtesy of Skry's parents who bought us all tickets to a charity ball as a wedding anniversary present.

This was the first time that I got to see my husband all dressed up - even for our wedding he was in jeans and a t-shirt - so I was quite excited about that. It turns out that he scrubs up quite well! Unfortunately I completely failed to get any decent, non-blurry photos of the two of us together, so you're not getting one. Sorry there.

There was an auction of items which had been donated to raise money for the hospice, and I bid up to a thousand pounds for a really cool jukebox pre-loaded with CDs, before hitting my limit and letting others take it up to £1200, which was a real bargain since it had been valued at something like £2500. I was sorry that I didn't get it - a jukebox in the living room would be fantastic - but Skry was quite relieved I think!

The food was great too. The Culloden obviously gets lots of large parties and crowds coming through, and they know how to get good food out on the tables fast. My potato and leek soup was absolutely gorgeous and my chicken fillet was tender and delicious. I can't comment on the strawberry cheesecake because I didn't eat it, but a woman across the table had two portions so it must have been good too. Well done the Culloden - you deserve those five stars.

Anyway, we all had a good night, and I was happy to see that we can both look smart when we want to. I also got to give my new clip-in extensions a whirl, and they looked fantastic so I will definitely be wearing those again. And the hospice must have raised an awful lot of money too, so it was a winner all round.

1 comment:

Skry said...

That was a really fun night out. It's a pity that you didn't get as many photo's as you wanted, but you still got a lot more different kinds than you wanted. You were taking then before, during and after the event! I'd be happy with what you got if I were you ;-)

Apart from the juke box. Waging £1000 on a jukebox is crazy, even if it was worth £2500!! What are you, made of money?!? :D

Also I have to agree with what you say about the Culloden - I was there a few times and their vegetarian menu has always been great.

I was there a while back for a formal (before I turned veggue) and I have to damit that the food was terrible - bolied or steamed chicken (not sure which but definitely not good), awful dessert and no starter. Then again it was a 6th Form formal, so no one was really there for the food...