Saturday, May 23, 2009

A trip to the Supershed

I took a trip to the Supershed yesterday. It's like a massive garage sale - so much stuff for so little money!

This big wicker picnic basket was on sale for $7. I would have bought it if we didn't already have a picnic set.



Printers, $4 each.


Lots of computer parts!



Missing a rack for your fridge or cooker? You might find something suitable in this pile.


I think the suitcases were $2 each.


I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a complete set of anything, but there certainly wasn't any shortage of crockery.


I bought a scanner (not sure if it works yet - I need to find a cable that fits), some old National Geographic magazines from the 1960s/70s, a couple of other magazines, a tea caddy with geese on it, a teatowel hook with a goose on it, and a new non-stick baking tray, for a grand total of $7. Due to the terrible weather we've been having lately, I only looked around indoors so I don't know what is for sale outside, but there is a large area piled high with stuff. I'll be back to check out what else is there whenever this rain stops.

1 comment:

Skry said...

That place is imense! Not the most useful place in that a lot of it really is just old junk that people feel too guilty to throw out but that no one else would want.

Still there was a lot there that was useful at the same time and everything was so cheap! A Womble's paradise... :D