Saturday, April 04, 2009

Just popped in to say hello, and show off my new bag

I have been neglecting my blog recently (and my emails too - sorry folks!). I'm spending so much time crafting that I am not online much apart from the sewing sites and jewellery sites and the online handcrafted item selling sites.

Here's a bag that I made for a colleague's daughter-in-law, which he asked me to make based on one of hers that is falling apart. He hasn't seen it yet. Hope he likes it - and the daughter-in-law too, of course.
It's about 30cm wide and 20cm tall. I made it out of a lovely soft black gabardine fabric, brightened up with some pretty pink flower cotton from Michael Miller. It's all fully lined, even inside the pockets.

Lifting up the front flap reveals a full sized zip pocket on the front:


Inside there is another long zip pocket, and three patch pockets.

This bag holds loads of stuff - in the first photo above, it was padded out with two of my cardigans. It took me about three hours to make once I had figured out the pattern pieces that I needed (I have a little notebook that I am using for drafting patterns - bags aren't really that difficult once you have a grasp of inserting linings and inserting zips). I'll definitely make this style again, as I think it would sell very well.

1 comment:

Mum said...

It's lovely. Proud of you Jen!