Friday, November 21, 2008

4 x 4 x 4

My friend Suzy was doing this on her blog, so I thought I would copy her.

The rules-

1. Go to your pictures file.
2. Go to the 4th file.
3. Go to the 4th picture.
4. Post it and tell the story.


I have multiple picture files, but I am going to the one that is most freqently used. Here is the 4th file from the 4th folder.

This is a photo of part of my bedroom in my old house in Belfast. It was taken when I was getting the house ready to sell (although it has since been taken off the market and rented out, due to the housing market collapse in the UK).

I loved that house, but this is the first time I have looked at photos of it since we moved to New Zealand, and I am shocked at how small the rooms are. In the photo above, the camera lens was not able to capture most of the room, but I still remember how little space there was on each side of the double bed, and how much of the room was taken up by a triple wardrobe and a chest of drawers. Now that we are in a country with more space and bigger houses - and built-in wardrobes! - I wonder how we managed to live in such cramped conditions. Our bedroom here isn't especially large, but there is space to walk all around the bed and that is a king size one.

No comments: