Monday, August 18, 2008

Our spa bath

Our house came with a spa bath. I think spa baths are really gross (germ soup), but Skry wants to keep it, so I think I'll just have to block it from my view with tomato plants or something. Those should grow really well in the conservatory! Anyway, the stupid thing is full of green scummy water, which stinks the whole place up when the sun shines in the windows, and I can't figure out how to drain it.

Here's the spa:



And here's the control panel:


Outside the conservatory is a pump of some kind, but I couldn't find anything out there that looked like it would drain the spa itself. And also outside is a pipe which has a lever for Open/Close, but when I moved it to Open, it merely dribbled some water at me and then lay silent. I got no impression of draining water, although maybe I closed it again too quickly.

If anyone is familiar with make/model above, please mail me with instructions for use!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you call the last owner and ask him what they did about draining it?

Otherwise, get the old bucket out and start sloshing....

Skry said...

We reckon we'll probably have the old owner round as part of the house warming so he can see what we've done to the place. We met him and he seemed like a really friendly guy, plus he only moved one street away so he's still in the neighbourhood.

If he makes it I'm going to see if he can get us an owners manual or at least write us a few instructions down so we can use the thing.

Actually I'm not that fussed in using it, but I know people who will be and I think it does add value to the house so I don't want to get rid of it.