Saturday, June 06, 2009

I survived Craft2.0

Craft2.0 was held in Christchurch today, and it was great! I brought along a selection of bags, purses, and jewellery [this last I had made before the last craft fair I did so was just a bonus offering for today]. Skry came with me and was my helper for the day, and did a great job fetching, carrying, helping customers, and generally being a great support for me. I couldn't do it without him!

The venue was at Our City, in an old building in Christchurch, which has lots of small rooms rather than one large one. This made for some overcrowding downstairs, apparently, but we were upstairs where there was a bit more room to breathe.


My jewellery. I could do with a more professional looking display, but it still sold pretty well.


Some pouches and purses.


More pouches and purses. The sets on the bottom right are matching pouches and wallets. I was quite astounded that they didn't sell today, because they are absolutely the nicest things that I had to offer, but I think I was sending out a, "Don't buy those," vibe because I want to keep them for myself. In particular I really didn't want the red set to go so that'll be added to my private collection tomorrow.


Ready for action, five minutes before the doors opened!


There was a constant stream of people coming through the doors for the four hours that the fair went on for, and I had a lot of customers. By the end of the day my pockets were bulging with notes and coins. Of course I didn't make a profit if you factor in how much I spend on craft stuff, but at least I'm funding my hobby!

3 comments:

Jenny's Bro said...

Congrats Jen - looks like you had a great day.

Mum said...

Glad you did so well Jen, that stall represented a lot of work, not forgetting hubby's help!

Skry said...

Glad that you enjoyed the stall so much, Jen, and I was happy to see that you sold so much. People obviously think very highly of your wares and it was great to see that you managed to attract so many people with competition from other crafty stalls everywhere!