Monday, February 09, 2009

I'm still alive

Sorry for the lack of recent posts. I am working extremely hard at my day job, taking on some freelance editing work at the weekends, and just haven't found the energy to come up with anything interesting to blog about.

The Australian bushfires are certainly topical, but too heartbreaking to discuss at length. I will mention that the skies here were a weird yellow colour on Sunday night - I think the wind blew some of the smoke and ash in the direction of New Zealand.

God be with those poor people who have lost so much - loved ones, homes, pets, livestock, and businesses. I just can't imagine how awful it is for them right now.

2 comments:

C14RAN said...

I'd say a lot of smoke went New Zealand's way...
http://www.universetoday.com/2009/02/08/satellite-images-of-2009-australian-bushfires/

Tragic

Jenny's Bro said...

Do you have any cicadas in Christchurch? They are buzzing like mad here.