Saturday, May 03, 2008

Hello Winter

It's winter here in Christchurch today. All night it alternated between heavy rain and hailstones - enough to wake me up more than once - and today the trend has continued. Our house has no central heating and right now we are trying to stay warm with one tiny four-fin oil radiator, with limited success. It's only able to heat the small study, so I am barricaded in here with four layers of clothing, a long wig (for head insulation purposes), and a hot water bottle.

Here's my view:Pretty grim, isn't it?

The balcony is currently covered in hailstones. Don't think we'll be using the outdoor furniture any time soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell- we're just coming into summer here, it looks awful!! So I guess it's now time for you guys to envy our weather like we did you all of OUR winter, ha ha!!

Phil said...

Our kitchen ceiling leaked after the torrential downpour on none other day than my birthday!

The landlord's up in the attic as I type fixing it though so hopefully that's the last we'll see of it.

Jenny said...

Our balcony sliding doors leaked as well - the rain was a challenge to most buildings I think! Back to blue sky and sunshine today though, which is nice. Our garage is still freezing, but the higher up in the house I go the warmer it gets :)