Saturday, June 30, 2007

My last day at work


Today is my last day of gainful employment before the summer of doing whatever I please commences. I have very mixed emotions about the whole thing! Obviously it is fantastic to be able to take the summer off, and I have lots planned, for example my jewellery business, and setting up a website design company, and tarting up the house before getting it sold. We are looking forward to a belated honeymoon as well! But I am really going to miss the people I work with. Hopefully I'll be able to stay in touch with most people, and if we're lucky some of my friends will make the trip to New Zealand once we settle in. But it's going to be a huge life change after ten years in this place!

I'm also pretty cut up about having to re-home my cats, but at least I know they are going to good people who will treat them well. It's for the best, it's just going to be a wrench to hand them over. *sigh*

No comments: