Thursday, March 29, 2007

At last, things are moving!

On Monday I got a phone call from NZIS in London. Apparently I do have a case officer, and she emailed me nearly three weeks ago, but I never got the mail. She arranged a telephone interview for me for Tuesday, and forwarded the mail a second time. Once I got it, I realised why it had been junked the first time - the sender name and subject line looked exactly like spam. I wish they had put "NZIS" somewhere in there. Anyway, the email said that I need to get a different type of police certificate. Apparently the PSNI (Northern Ireland police force) don't check the national database, just the local one. And I also need to send a recent payslip from work, as apparently my reference letter didn't have a date on it.

Yesterday lunchtime I had the telephone interview. The woman was very pleasant and didn't ask anything that I had no answer for, but I wish she had been able to tell me how I did. She can't tell me anything until I send in the missing documentation. Still, I can't see how I wouldn't at least get a work-to-residence visa if not full PR straight away.

Skry had his blood tests yesterday, too. At least they're out of the way now - just the ultrasound scan to go - and hopefully he'll soon be able to get going again with his own application.

No comments: